This parish church (part of the Winsmoor Beneﬁce) has formally adopted the Church of England House of Bishops’ Safeguarding Policy, “Promoting a safer church” which can be found in full by opening either of these links -
● We are committed to respectful pastoral ministry to all adults within our church community.
● We are committed, within our church community, to the safeguarding and protection of vulnerable people.
● We will carefully select and train all those with any pastoral responsibility within the Church, including the use of Criminal Records Bureau disclosures where legal or appropriate.
● We will respond without delay to any complaint made that an adult for whom we were responsible has been harmed, cooperating with police and the local authority in any investigation.
● We will seek to oﬀer informed pastoral care to anyone who has suﬀered abuse, developing with them an appropriate healing ministry.
● We will challenge any abuse of power by anyone in a position of trust.
● We will care for and supervise any member of our church community known to have oﬀended against a vulnerable person.